South Gulf Cove Residents and their Friends and Families are Traveling Abroad
Pack Your Bags -- We’re on Our Way!
WHERE TO? England and Scotland
WHEN? Arriving April 4, 2024 - Departing April 14, 2024
WHY ARE WE TRAVELING?
The HOA Social Committee is traveling as a fund-raising project to support and expand our Learning Garden. The South Gulf Cove Learning Garden embraces beauty, increases knowledge, leaves a legacy, and distinguishes us from other areas. In addition, The Learning Garden volunteers deserve the residents’ support for their hard work and intelligent design in SGC.
WHO IS INVITED?
All SCG residents, All Yacht Club members, their extended family members, and friends. Must be 21 to attend.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
$1699* per person if paid in full by September 30, 2023.
After September the cost is $1799 (payment plan is outlined in registration materials.)
The cost is per person, double occupancy. The stated cost reflects an HOA Members $80.00 per person discount, and a $100 Early-Bird Discount.
There is a single room supplement charge of $800 per single traveler (price finalized by October 15, 2023)
WHAT WILL WE DO ABROAD?
Scotland offers many and varied activities that support the purpose and philosophy of our South Gulf Cove Learning Garden. Some of the highlights of Scotland include its wild landscapes, its lochs, wildflowers, mountains, and castles with hot houses and kitchen gardens. Perhaps Nessie, the Loch Ness Monster, will put in an appearance for us.
For sports lovers, Scotland offers opportunities for some of the finest golf on earth, private golf lessons, skeet shooting, a guide who will take you fly fishing. In the evening consider star watching with a sky expert or visiting the darkest forests with story tellers, raconteurs of star-based stories and spooky legends.
You may also wish to reserve a traditional Scottish feast (Haggis optional), dance to the bagpipes, have afternoon teas, and shop, shop, shop.
While England offers great golf courses and splendid outdoor activities, it
also offers the opportunity to visit Kew Gardens and its extensive flora, as well as The London Zoo. One of the top attractions of London is Theatreland where you might wish to take in a play. Whatever you are looking for, London provides: Churchill’s War Rooms, The Crown Jewels, The Tower of London, The Imperial War Museum, a ride down the Thames River to Greenwich where the Museum of Time and the ship, The Cutty Sark, reside. You will find shopping options that range from famous street markets to Harrod’s exotic Food Halls and Selfridges haute couture. You will also find auction houses and art museums to fit any taste. As Samuel Johnson said, “He who is tired of London is tired of life”.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
• Ten (10) nights’ accommodation in attractive, exquisitely clean, comfortable, first class or better hotels in Scotland and England.
• Blue Badge professional guides to manage the tour, offer personally tailored advice for optional visits to hot spots, secret places, and Famous pubs.
• Hotel taxes, fees, & service charges
• Train ticket between Scotland and England.
• 14 Meals: breakfast daily; Welcome Reception with wine, Ale, and hors d’oeuvres; Traditional Afternoon Tea; Farewell Dinner.
• Admissions to a Whiskey Tour, Edinburgh Castle, The Tower of London, and Hampton Court Palace
• Sightseeing: Two ½-day city tours by motor coach (one in each country), Street Flea Markets (transportation to [admission is free]) such as Camden Market and Portobella Road. Please note, some sights may change depending upon availability or whether something truly spiffy comes along, or simply, the weather.
• All sightseeing is in a modern, air-conditioned, private, motor coach
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
• Passport fees
• Nominal tips to our personal guide (suggested 2 BPS a day) and our bus driver (suggested 1 BPS a day)
• Personal excursions such as golfing, fishing, shopping, buying a Morris mini-Cooper, taking embroidery lessons
• Personal items
• Meals not specifically itemized above
• Hotel upgrades and room service, if desired and available
• Optional adventures, sights, or a side trip to Paris
HOW DO I JOIN THE TOUR? ONLINE or PAPER
Click Here for the Online Enrollment Form and then click the links after the form to pay online.
Payment by Credit Card is available through the HOA that will include a bank charge of $3.00 per charge.Click Here for the Paper Enrollment Form and include your first payment (payment plan and refund schedule are on the enrollment form). Please make all checks payable to South Gulf Cove HOA and add the phrase “Tour Deposit” in the memo.
TRAVEL INSURANCE IS AVAILABLE
Interested in purchasing travel insurance?
Aardy has an A+ rating with The Better Business Bureau.
Click on the following link to see if they have what you are looking for:
QUESTIONS? Just “Ask Judith” via email@example.com